Friday, May 20, 2011

Make that Author and Editor

The more hats, the merrier? Right? Hmmm...maybe I got that saying a little confused. Regardless, I'm very happy to announce that I took a position as Editor at Angelic Knight Press. They did a nifty write up about it if you want to stop by and read it. (hint, hint)

I'm very excited about my new role. The writers there are very talented people who are committed to professionalism and putting out the best books they can. I'm proud to be a part of that. I will, of course, continue my own writing and hopefully learn as much as I can from them. I think that editing really helps my own writing. Reading helps it and picking up flaws in other's writing helps me recognize them in my own. Its a win/win.

I happen to be a tad paranoid though. After the rough couple of years we've had...my health issues, Mike's accident, Molly's blood disorder, it's hard to believe that things are turning around and looking up. My sister says its payback for all the crap last year. Whatever it is, we're going to make the most of it.

I firmly believe that things happen for a reason. And we've tried to learn from each and every speed bump. When I had to leave my job for health reasons, I looked around for things I could do from home. Which led to blogging, which led to free lancing, which led to meeting new people, which led to conventions, which led to meeting the right people at the right time. It also gave me more time to work on my fiction.

Molly's blood disorder forced her to act more responsibly. Harsh lessons for a young adult, but well learned. Her surgery to remove her spleen resulted in a remission. So while Dylan wasn't planned, it was definitely the best time for a happy accident.

And Mike's accident reminded us of how much we love each other. And everyday we use it as a reminder not to take each other for granted. Its resulted in a better relationship for him and the kids too. And it reminds us that life is too short to sweat the small stuff. And unless someone is dying, its all small stuff.

Mike's job is changing and he'll be taking on more responsibility. This also means spending more time working (I don't know when he'll sleep). But of course it was discussed at the dinner table before any decisions were made. And really, what kind of person holds someone back? Not us.

I told him how funny it was that we are both finally doing our "dream jobs". And probably this means the whole "rapture" thing is true. But I sure hope not. I'd like to be an Editor for at least a week before the world ends.

♥Spot

5 comments:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Love the new page ... very artistic!

You friggen made me cry though ... stop it!

I'm truly so happy for you, T ... you deserve all the best the world can give you.

Enjoy the heck outta it!

Blaze McRob said...

Yes, my friend, enjoy the heck outta it, as Danica says. Live the dream! Dream more! Love more! Be loved more!

Yvonne and I are so happy you are in our family now. Like she said in today's post at Angelic Knight Press, we are adding professional people to our team. You, of course, are the most professional, and will raise our stature by leaps and bounds. A lot of this is a huge learning curve for me, but it's fun and something I will do with my family working beside me.

Too many people put out crap, thinking that somehow it will sell. We don't want to do that, do we? We will write and re-write, and our editor will jump in and polish everything up. I have no intention of handing you garbage to shake your head at. Writers need to work at their craft. However, we are not perfect, and we need someone like you to make us all proud.

Besides your writing and editing skills, you are a wonderful human being. It sure wasn't difficult for me to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and see your face emerge.

So, my friend,I am proud and very happy that I saw you for the person you really are. I'm doing the same dance you are.

Thank you!

Blaze

Spot said...

Dani~ Thank you. You have truly been with me from almost my very first blog post. I probably would not have gotten very far without those first encouragementts from you! I need to visit Cananda as soon as possible so we can hang out in person.

Blaze~ I'm so lucky to have found such like minded and friendly welcoming folks to work with. And I'm so happy to be included in Angelic Knight Press and help both it and it's authors grow. We will all have to meet up at a conference or something sometime soon as well. I've met so many awesome people this week, some truly talented authors and genuinely kind human beings. We're on a roll here. There's just no telling how far the momentum can take us!

♥Spot

Tina said...

Stacey, I'm just so amazed by you. No matter what life throws at you, you turn it around and keep smiling. More than that, you can make everyone smile with you. Lots of love and rapturous best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Stacey, it couldn't have happened to a better person! Congratulations!